Business Optimizer (OptaPlanner) Bootcamp
Red Hat Business Optimizer is a lightweight, embeddable planning engine that optimizes planning problems.
Check out all details on our website
Red Hat Business Optimizer (Optaplanner) is a lightweight, embeddable planning engine that optimizes planning problems. It helps normal Java programmers solve planning problems efficiently, and it combines optimization heuristics and metaheuristics with very efficient score calculations.
For example, Red Hat Business Optimizer helps solve various use cases:
- Employee/Patient Rosters: It helps create timetables for nurses and keeps track of patient bed management.
- Educational Timetables: It helps schedule lessons, courses, exams, and conference presentations.
- Shop Schedules: It tracks car assembly lines, machine queue planning, and workforce task planning.
- Cutting Stock: It minimizes waste by reducing the consumption of resources such as paper and steel.
- Vehicle Routing.
This course is intended for everyone with an interest in solving and automating optimization problems like scheduling, route optimization, resource planning, etc, with a touch of AI. OptaPlanner gives you the power to build lean and efficient optimization solutions.
BO is a part of the Red Hat PAM.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand the following:
- What is a planning problem?
- Drools Rule Engine
- Planner configuration
- Planning model
- Score calculation
- Optimization algorithms
This course covers a deep-dive on the basic OptaPlanner components. A basic understanding of the Java programming language is required.
This is a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) training. Please bring your own laptop to the course.
Please make sure that you prepare your laptop in advance. During this training, you will need:
- Administrator rights on your laptop
What is a planning problem?
- Use cases and examples
- NP-complete vs NP-hard
- Hard- and soft constraints
Drools Rule Engine
- Basic syntax
- Solver configuration: The 3 steps
- Planning model
- Planning Entity
- Planning Variable
- What is the score?
- Score types
Real-life planning scenarios
- Continuous planning
- Real-time planning
- Pinning planning variables
- Non-disruptive replanning
- Exhaustive search
- Construction heuristics
- Setting up your first OptaPlanner project
- Defining the planning model
- Programming your constraints in Drools
- Configure OptaPlanner
- Benchmark algorithms
Real life cases (Hands-on)
- Employee Rostering
- Shift-based: Free planninn // Equipment Scheduling
- Vehicle Routing: Cloud-based (Google Maps API/OpenStreetMap) // On-premise (GraphHopper)