Pivotal Core Spring
This official Pivotal course offers hands-on experience with Spring and its major features.
Check out all details on our website
This official Pivotal course offers hands-on experience with Spring and its major features, including Java configuration, data access, web and REST applications, Spring Boot, Spring Security and using Spring Cloud to build a small microservices application. On completion, participants will have a foundation for creating enterprise-ready applications.
Upon completion of this course, participants will understand how to implement the following:
- Spring configuration using Java Configuration and Annotations
- Aspect oriented programming with Spring
- Testing Spring applications using JUnit 5
- Spring Data Access - JDBC, JPA and Spring Data
- Spring Transaction Management
- Building Web Applications with Spring MVC
- Setup Spring applications with Spring Boot
- REST with Spring MVC and RestTemplate
- Spring Security
- Microservices with Spring Cloud
- Reactive Programming with Spring
- Good understanding of web-application development using Java, an IDE (Eclipse, STS or IntelliJ) and a Servlet engine such as Tomcat or Jetty, specific Java concepts (annotations and lambdas) and dependency management using Maven or Gradle.
- This is a BYOD (Bring Your Own Device) training. Please bring your own laptop to the course.
- A few days before the training starts, you will receive an email from Pivotal that contains a link to the slides that will be used throughout the course and a link to the labs (the exercises used during the course). You can already access and download this information before the training.
- Introduction to Spring
- Spring Java configuration: a deeper look
- Annotation-based dependency injection
- Factory pattern in Spring
- Advanced Spring: how does Spring work internally?
- Aspect-oriented programming
- Testing a Spring-based application
- Data access and JDBC with Spring
- Database transactions with Spring
- Spring Boot introduction
- Spring Boot dependenc ies, auto-configuration and runtime
- JPA with Spring and Spring Data
- Spring MVC Architecture and overview
- REST with Spring MVC
- Spring Security
- Actuators, metrics and health indicators
- Spring Boot testing enhancements
This course prepares students for the Spring Professional certification exam. The exam is included in our The Campus offer and can be done online.