Temporomandibular Disorders – Tzvika Greenbaum
Temporomandibular Disorders : assessment & practical management
: Tzvika Greenbaum, BPT MaPT Manip & Sports (Israël)
Temporomandibular Disorders (TMD) refer to several highly common clinical disorders that involve the masticatory muscles, the temporomandibular joint (TMJ) and the adjacent structures. TMD is one of the most frequent causes of orofacial pain & headache and is associated with basic functional limitations such as difficulties in chewing, talking and yawning. Additionally TMD patients tend to suffer from other disabling pain syndromes such as migraine, tension type HA and neck pain – therefore introducing a challenge to clinicians.
In this course, participants will learn an effective evidence informed assessment & practical management of people with TMD.
Aims & Learning Objectives :
After completing the course participant will be able to:
– Know the up to date scientific background of musculoskeletal pain & dysfunction in the Cranio-Mandibular region
– Recognize signs & symptoms of serious medical problems (not musculoskeletal) in people with Cranio-Mandibular pain ( i.e. red flags) and will know how to respond accordingly
– Practically know how to assess, evaluate & recognize common clinical patterns in people with TMD
– Practical use of the relevant clinical reasoning for management of people with TMD
– Effectively & safely treat people with TMD using hands on & exercise modalities
Lectures (40%) & practical sessions (60%)
Detail cursusinhoud :
content day 1 -2
maandag 16 en dinsdag 17 december ’19 van 9u-17u
Doelgroep van de cursus :
Kinesitherapeuten, manueel therapeuten, artsen, osteopaten en chiropractoren.
: 510€ , 40% korting indien betaling met
: Syllabus, warme maaltijd en koffiepauzes.
Pro-Q Kine 24 ptn